♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒

♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒

Wednesday 18 November 2015

A better day :)

I definitely don't want to leave that last post hanging at the top, but it was how I felt and the full truth of what has been going on.

After completely resting my bowel I managed a better night sleep last night and feel better in myself for finally getting some sleep. Feed has gone back on at 20mls an hour today and it's killing me again but yesterday I needed sleep more than feed and today I need feed more than sleep (just about!) Not that 20mls an hour is going to give me too many calories.

I got the news yesterday afternoon that my tube was in the right place - there's still a slight concern over whether or not it has split inside after it blocked last week. But I will just go with it for now and if it causes any more (more than usual!) problems we will pursue it further. Hopefully it is fine though! If it hasn't split I can only wonder why on earth my bowel has a pH level of 3! Anyway it's not a priority concern right now.

Yesterday afternoon Mel surprised me with a lovely card of messages and a massive shark from the English girls at uni, so that was a very much needed pick me up. I'm really very lucky to have so many people supporting me and keeping my spirits up all the time :) I've had loads of visitors, cards, messages on Facebook, emails and texts and I'm so grateful for all of them. I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to know that so many people take time out of their day to think of me. I can honestly say that what ever crap has been happening I have never felt lonely thanks to all of you :) You are all such great people :)


Struggling as I was, I managed to get a bit of uni work done yesterday and caught up on all my lectures and then today I've done quite a bit of work on my dissertation. Still lots to do - it never ends!

I had a visit from another consultant today who was very knowledgeable in Enteric Neuropathy and really lovely to talk to. He listened to me, explained things for about an hour and put together a plan which - assuming it all goes ahead and none of the others come and sit on it again - has made me feel much better about things. Fingers crossed now that we can get some sort of plan together that improves things. He wants to send me for a full 7 day transit study and put some of my tests together to suggest that certain parts of my bowel may be worse off than other parts which could still have some decent useful function in them. If this is the case and he can pin these parts down in the transit study then this opens up some more positive options for me! However, there is obviously still the chance that my whole gut is affected equally, in which case... I guess we'll just take it from there if that is the case. There's a bit of hope though and that is more than we have had in a very long time.

I'm going to be going home overnight tomorrow ready for my interview at 8.30am on Friday morning! There has been so much more prep work for this one - it's all I've been doing all week! I have to write a short essay on a reading that we have been given, present a short literacy task to year 5 students (9-10 year olds) and then have an interview. Hopefully get the scary stuff out the way first and then chill myself out for the interview - I think that's quite a horrible thing to put interviewees through!

I've got lots of fun stuff coming up over the next few weeks so I'm really hoping that I am well enough and allowed out for them. I'm EXTREMELY excited that I've got tickets to go and see Noel Fielding on 28th November in Preston. Like, I am majorly freaking out about this! I've been a massive fan of Noel Fielding since I was about 12, and every live show that The Boosh, or Noel has done himself I've been too ill to go to. He hasn't done a UK tour in ages so I was so excited when he announced it. I'm not entirely sure our seats are going to be that brilliant but I don't care, as long as I am there it's going to be so great! I am literally crossing everything that I can tick this one off the list!

Then the week after I have Kodaline with Meg, Irwin and Becca at Manchester Apollo as well as The Vaccines in Blackpool with Katie Brown. I'm not really sure how I'm going to wangle these dates off so I will have to see the best way to tackle it at the time but we've had tickets for quite a while.

Thanks again for all your love yesterday - here's a better post for the top of my blog. Hoping things go in the right direction now and that even if I don't get the best results over the coming weeks that we can still have some sort of a plan going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment