♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒

♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒

Monday 27 July 2015

The first week of 23

Second post in and I'm already being all soft and putting out a thank you post. I just want to say thank you so much to all my friends and family who made my birthday really special whether it was seeing you in person, sending me a message or a card or a present. You once again remind me how blessed I am :)

I did nothing of too much excitement on my birthday. I've been feeling really rough with a raging cold, sore throat and mouthful of ulcers all week so I really wasn't feeling it on my birthday. Fortunately I am on the right side of it now! I had work on my birthday and went out for a Costa date with Deborah at lunch time which a nice treat and we also sat in because... YO23O.

Sam came round in the evening when I got back home from work with a sack full of presents from the lovely Shaws who spoiled me again :) Sam got me a snorkelling with Sharks experience* and he also got me a crazy cat lady figurine... erm, complete with cats. Obviously.

*Subject to bartering with the venue - he actually got me a feed the sharks experience because the man at the Sealife centre said I couldn't go in with my PEG but we're optimistically hoping to change his mind because it's a fully healed and very healthy stoma and no different to a pierced ear in my opinion!

This weekend we had my annual birthday barbecue with my fammos and friends. Sam got Becca slaughtered, as standard and Katie and Tom brought an abundance of games which we played until nearly midnight. Sam, for once, didn't win everything.

Here we are, all on one picture thanks to the selfie stick:




On Sunday after a sweet lie in we headed off to Salford to meet the Rosie Heaton. We decided we had loads of time (the satnav confirmed this) and went to get Sam a pair of trainers for our charity run that we are doing in a few weeks time for PORTClick here for shameless sponsor plug for an awesome charity . Anyway, Sam doesn't own a pair of trainers and it was such effort getting him to buy a pair.

When we reached Manchester the traffic did something absolutely not shocking and held us up for at least half an hour leaving Rosie sat smiling in the pub by herself. Sorry girl. We did eventually have a wonderfully giddy afternoon setting the world to rights and eating sandwiches. Sam also tried to get Rosie drunk, obviously. It was all going so well until I trapped Sam's face in the window. I have to child lock Samuel into the car because he winds the windows down and shouts out of them. Often when we are stuck at traffic lights. When I can't drive off. Only electric windows like to turn off momentarily when both of us go into panic mode and try and wind them down to release trapped faces. The lengths some people go to for a cheap face lift.

Here we are in a collage before Sam's face met window...


Back to work today and I can't really tell you anything exciting that happened; I folded quite a lot of leaflets and didn't leave until 7pm.

I'm standing in the main entrance of the hospital tomorrow morning trying to flog an event that we're holding in September so, if you're in Blackpool just come and make eye contact with me and take some leaflets that I carefully folded today.

I have an appointment at Salford Intestinal Failure clinic in the afternoon though so I'll be leaving at noon. I'm going to try and update on that before I go on holiday on Friday if there is anything at all to update on. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment