♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒

♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒

Wednesday 22 July 2015

'First post'

I've decided I'm going to try and stir up the old blogging juices again. My Life with Stripes blog was so well received and, in more ways than one, blogging is a very healthy thing for me to do. A lot of people encouraged me to carry on blogging after awareness month last year, but I wasn't really sure which direction to take my blog because I wasn't sure if people would be interested in reading about anything other than Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and I didn't really want to create a blog that was purely on illness.

I'm not quite sure how this is going to turn out and I'm still not sure which direction it's going to take. I'm planning on recording a mixture of the knitty-gritty issues of a serious illness, the mundane every day life of an English student - NHS worker and all that is great about my life because what a wonderful thing that is to record.

I'm not going to spend the post introducing myself - I think most people reading this will know who I am, and if not then you will just have to keep reading!

Following my Life with Stripes blog last May, I decided to try again this year but I struggled. I struggled to put into words all that had happened in the last year. So much had changed and the post that I tried to write was a complete mash-up of my effort to interpret it all. It was so disorganised and I didn't really feel like anyone was going to get any pleasure out of reading it. I enjoyed writing it the first year - even the tougher parts provided some therapy and release on things I hadn't ever spoken about. I felt like it might have been easy to fill up a month with everything that had gone on - so much awareness from my experience of the year but it was just impossible to spew out. So here I am, starting from the right now with a brand new blog.

I wasn't too sure on a name for this blog, so I decided to borrow from an existing and quite wonderful creative mind - Caitlin Moran - inspired by her two latest books that I have just consumed.

So, without going through how I got here, where am I now?

In May, I finished my second year of my English Language Degree at University, which means I only have one year left. No sooner had I finished my degree (I had a nice week off in between) and I was back in the Cancer Service office at Blackpool Victoria Hospital doing a job that I love for another summer. Three weeks ago I had my dissertation accepted for third year, and found out that I'd got 68% overall for second year - this I was rather pleased with.

Two weeks ago I had my latest admission to Manchester due to my bowel, after two days trying to stabalise things on the day unit in Blackpool, to no avail. My admission lasted 9 days this time and I returned to work 9 days ago from today!

3 days after discharge, Sam graduated with a First Class Honours Degree in History. As you can imagine, I was panicking that I wasn't going to be discharged in time which lead to an impromptu trip to the Trafford Centre during my admission to find a dress, shoes, jacket, make-up to bring to the hospital in case I had to go from there. Luckily, they let me home and I could not have been more grateful. We had a very special day at the cathedral and I could not have been more proud of my wonderful boyfriend.



Equally as proud was I to see my wonderful and longest reigning friend, Laura graduate with a First Class Honours Degree in Pyschology and Criminology in the Cathedral at the same time as Sam. Someone was definitely watching over me that day to allow me to see the two people who have been there for me most achieve something so wonderful.




On Wednesday Sam and I were invited to the Chancellor's Dinner at the Cathedral as he had been chosen as the outstanding student for his faculty. We both got dressed up in our fancies and had a very posh evening.




Also, I turned 23 yesterday.

I think this sits quite nicely at where I'm at for now. I will see how this blog goes and hopefully, if it goes well, I will continue. Wish me good blogging juices! Now I just need to think of a name for my first post, that isn't 'first post'. I've got nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment