♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒

♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Lytham Festival

Every year, here in Lytham, something exciting happens - which is rare for Lytham. What was once just known as 'The Proms' with a few oldie I'm-A-Celebrity-Rejects followed by sophisticated enormous classical music performances on the final night has had some really good line-ups the last few years. This year it went from 'The Proms' to 'Lytham Festival' - which almost makes it sound wild. Indeed, it even had camping this year!

What was obviously most exciting about this year was that McBusted were on and Becca, Irwin and I were quick in there to grab our tickets! Mcfly and Busted are both 'my era' - that neither makes me sound old or young and so that is ok. I was about 9 or 10 when Busted emerged and I was 11 or 12 when Mcfly emerged with '5 Colours in her hair' and everyone was like 'aaahh, they're trying to be Busted' but then they kind of took over a bit. I saw Mcfly live when I was 13 (Dad got me tickets for my 13th birthday! Number one Dad award right there because he even had to come with us) and Irwin and I saw McBusted last May (and almost didn't get there because we spent all day in Wythenshawe after my tube fell out in the morning - number one babe for driving me to the hospital when she'd only just got her car over to England two days before and had never driven on English roads or motorways!)

Anyway, McBusted were on, on the Saturday - which we had tickets for! We also went down on the Friday night and sat outside and listened to 5ive (earlier childhood favourite - I was probably 5ive years old when they emerged and could word-for-word sing their entire catalogue and as they say you get down with 5ive when they come your way). It was a bit of a rush to unpack after Scotland and then get ready to go out again but I made it and we sat on the green listening to 5ive, Sinita, Billy Ocean and unfortunately arrived too late to catch the Vengaboys. Apparantly Mr Cowell was staying in the Clifton Arms in Lytham (where my Dad got married!) which was another exciting event for the town. Irwin and Becca got slightly merry on Pimms, Cider and Vodka, pulled some Poulton #lads and ended up getting stranded in Lytham afterwards. Luckily they were 'consesmensus' enough to make a phone call to me and I managed to find them amongst the crowd and drive them back to Becca's whilst they told me about sticky toffee pudding. I just love being the sober driver!

Before booze.

After booze (totally 'lets prop each other up')

Saturday we had a girls shopping day in Preston as I needed to get some presents and I also treated myself to a cheap digital camera for V-Fest then we came back to get ready for McBusted. Becca predicted that they wouldn't be on until 9 - and was pretty much right - but we had a last minute panic following a phone call with ticket line and dashed out the house at 7.30 in case we missed them.

It was such a good night and I didn't really take many pictures or videos of them playing (one picture and one video!) because I was too busy fangirling and I also hadn't had chance to charge my phone all day. They played such a good set list even though our favourite - Who's David? - was missing. They played loads of different ones to the first time we saw them, including some different classics as well as some newer ones and some of the same old favourites. We had a really super night and it stayed fine (if not a bit cold!) all night as well which was a bonus!







On Sunday I planned on staying in my pyjamas all day but then my laptop completely gave up the ghost for the 3rd time so I just pushed the boat out and bought a new one. I ran out to Staples throwing on some leggings and a woolly jumper over my pyjamas because I was determined that I would still have a pyjama day. This is my first laptop that I haven't bought from PC World because, after my last two TERRIBLE experiences with my laptops and their customer services, I didn't want to give them my custom anymore, tempted as I was to run across the retail park and press (x10) the sad customer button that they have in their doorway as I now always do when I pass by (because... mature adult, angry customer). So far, I am loving my new laptop though! It runs on the swish Windows 10 and the kind staff at Staples also gave me a hefty discount because the only one of the model I wanted that they had left was the display one. It runs like a dream though, and it was already set up. Thank you Staples, you are presently much favourited over PC World - do not upset me!

I had renal clinic yesterday followed by an adorable visit to the lovely new baby William Stubbens who was even more delicious than I anticipated! I don't really have anything to report from renal - just regular bloods and come back in 6 months time. I headed straight to Burscough to pick Sam up from the train station and then we stopped off at a cafe before heading to meet Jess, William and Tyler the dog for lots and lots of baby cuddles. I got seriously broody, let me tell you! We went out for a little walk and ended up at the pub where we ended up staying for the rest of the day/evening once Ben joined us after work.

Today was my first day back at work after a nice 11 days off and I ended up doing 11 hours. It will look good on my time sheet but talk about easing yourself in gently - I was not planning on that. I'm pretty tired now because I haven't actually been in from work that long so I am going to treat myself to an early night :)




No comments:

Post a Comment